Enchilada Quinoa Bowl
Get on that quinoa and tex-mex train with this amazing one pan meal.
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 c. quinoa
- 2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 c. corn kernels
- 1 c. red enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 c. Shredded Monterey Jack
- Chopped tomato, for garnish
- Diced avocado, for garnish
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º. In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until fluffy, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add onion, jalapeño, and garlic and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Add cumin and chili powder and stir until combined, then add chicken, corn, and enchilada sauce (reserve 1 tablespoon for drizzling) and stir until combined. Add 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (reserve rest for later use) and stir until combined, then top with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melty, 15 minutes.
- Garnish with tomato, avocado, cilantro, and reserved enchilada sauce and serve.