This super simple Mexican-flavored coleslaw is perfect for picnics, BBQs and potlucks because its mayo-free and takes just a few minutes to toss together.
- 1 14- ounce package prepared coleslaw mix (or 6-8 cups of mixec shredded fresh cabbage and carrots)
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 limes juiced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 6 dashes hot sauce
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a large bowl, toss the coleslaw mix with the sliced onion and chopped cilantro.
In a small bowl or jar with a fitted lid, mix the canola oil, lime juice, garlic, honey, cumin, oregano, coriander, hot sauce and kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
Pour over the coleslaw mixture and toss. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.