Corn, Tomato and Lime Salad
This is a great staple to use as a condiment or you can make into a complete meal by adding 1 cup of quinoa or 1 can of black beans. Adding shredded diced avocado ups the healthy fat. Serve as a meal over a bed of spinach.
Yields: Servings: 6 cups
- 4 cups frozen yellow corn, thawed ( I like using fire roasted frozen corn)
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 scallions, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced (remove seeds for mild)
- 4 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 fresh limes squeezed (or ½ cup lime juice)
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients and refrigerate for about an hour.