FIXATE Beef and Broccoli
Skip the Chinese takeout and make this FIXATE Beef and Broccoli recipe that’s delicious and healthy. (
Yields: Servings 4 servings
Ultimate Portion Fix Containers:1 Green, 1 Red, 1 tsp.
- 1 cup low-sodium organic beef broth
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced ginger (or ½ tsp. ground ginger)
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 lb. thinly sliced raw lean beef
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup onion, sliced (approx. 1 medium)
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced (approx. 1⅓ medium)
- Stir cornstarch into 1/4 cup of the beef broth until smooth and then add remaining 3/4 cup of broth.
- Combine broth mixture, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat until very hot.
- Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes, or until browned.
- Add broccoli, onion, and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add broth mixture. Bring to a boil; gently boil, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Good cuts of lean beef for stir-fry are eye of round, bottom round, or flank steak. Cutting across the grain will make the meat more tender.
- Serve each portion with ½ cup cooked brown rice. Don’t forget to add 1 Yellow container.