Freezer to Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Chicken
It isn’t always easy to eat healthy when you are a busy family. Sometimes it is hard to simply find something worthwhile to eat! However, with the Instant Pot– life has gotten much easier! This Chicken is cooked with white rice with all the flavors you expect for a Mexican Meal.
(Note: You can also put this meal in your slow cooker on low for 6 -8 hours)
- 2 lbs. chicken breast, slice horizontally so they are not as thick
- 1 tsp. lime zest
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/3 cup minced cilantro
- 1 can drained black beans
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white rice ( I like Jasmine or Basamati)
Directions for Freezing:
- Label a Freezer safe Gallon Zip Lock bag with the name of your meal and cooking time.
- Add all the ingredients to the bag.
- Let all the air out of the bag and seal, tossing is gently to get all the ingredients mixed well.
- Freeze until ready to use. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Directions for Instant Pot Cooking:
- Set your Instant Pot to manual with the valve set to sealed.
- Add all the ingredients of your freezer bag to the Instant Pot.
- Set the time to 15 mint on High Pressure. Let the pressure release naturally
- When the pressure is released, serve chicken and rice with extra cilantro, salsa and avocados.