Freezer to Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbls chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbls sesame seeds, for garnish
- Place chicken into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl then pour over chicken.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken and pour sauce into a sauce pan.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has reduced to 1/4 the amount.
- Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
To Freeze and Slow Cook Later:
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and use-by date (three months from when you prepped the meal).
- Add all ingredients to your bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months.
- When ready to cook, thaw in refrigerator overnight or in morning in water and then follow cooking instructions above.
- Serve with couscous or quinoa and a fresh garden salad.