Freezer to Slow Cooker Mediterranean Chicken
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 15oz can diced fire roasted or regular tomatoes, undrained
- 12oz jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 10.2oz jar pitted kalamata olives, drained and chopped
- 8 oz feta cheese crumbles – divided
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbls. dried basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions for Slow Cooker
- Combine all ingredients in Slow Cooker
- Cook on “low” setting for 6-8 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Top with additional feta and enjoy over pasta, couscous or quinoa.
Directions for Oven
- Lay the Chicken Breasts in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a large bowl and pour over the top of the chicken
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until Chicken is heated throughout.
- Top with additional Feta and Enjoy!
To Freeze and Slow Cook Later:
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the recipe, cooking instructions, and use-by date (three months from when you prepped the meal).
- Add all ingredients to your bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal, and freeze for up to three months.
- When ready to cook, thaw in refrigerator overnight or in morning in water and and then follow cooking instructions above.
- Serve with couscous or quinoa and a fresh garden salad.