Fresh Veggie, Chicken, and Quinoa Salad – 21 Day Fix Approved
Use your meal-prepped veggies, chicken, and quinoa to make this delicious salad to use as a quick dinner or filling lunch.
Yields: 4 servings, approx. 2¼ cups each
Portion Fix Containers: 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1/2 tsp
- 3 cups sliced cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup halved red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped raw spinach
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- ¼ red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 medium ripe avocado, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups butter lettuce or spinach leaves
- Combine chicken, quinoa, tomatoes, spinach, cucumber, onion, basil, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper in amedium bowl; toss gently to blend.
- Refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours.
- Add avocado; toss gently to blend.
- Place ½ cup lettuce in each serving bowl. Top with approximately 2 cups quinoa mixture.