Fudgy Chocolate Pumpkin Blondies
These fudgy pumpkin blondies are a dream! They’re chewy, sweet, packed with pumpkin, peanut butter and chocolate.
Yields: 16 servings
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup natural creamy peanut butter (or nut butter or choice)
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups white flour or almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips ( I like Enjoy Life Brand)
- More melted chocolate to drizzle on top
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8 x 8 metal square pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, peanut butter, pumpkin, coconut sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda.
- Once the dry mixture is combined, slowly mix it into the wet ingredients until fully absorbed and a thick sticky batter forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, leaving some to sprinkle on top.
- Transfer to the prepared square pan and use a rubber spatula to evenly spread. The mixture will be sticky but do your best to get every last drop in there!
- Bake in the preheated oven for 22-25 minutes or until set in the center.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan on a cooling rack for at least 2 hours before cutting and serving. Drizzle melted chocolate chips over the top if desired. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator, covered, up to 4 days.