Fudgy Avocado Brownies – 21 Day Fix Approved
Get a boost of nutrition from these decadent Avocado Brownies with pure maple syrup, unsweetened cocoa powder, and dark chocolate chips.
Yields: 16 servings, 1 brownie each
Portion Fix Containers: 1 Yellow, 1 tsp.
- 1 medium ripe avocado, mashed
- ¼ cup coconut oil, canola oil or butter, melted
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
Combine avocado, oil, egg, maple syrup, and extract in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
Combine cocoa powder, salt, and flour in a medium bowl; mix well.
Add cocoa powder mixture to avocado mixture; mix well.
Add chocolate chips; mix until blended.
Pour batter into prepared pan; spread to make even.
Bake for 33 to 36 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool for an hour before removing from pan. Cut into sixteen squares.