Herb Quinoa Garden Veggie Salad
Keep this salad in your refrigerator for the week and layer it up with a cup of protein for lunch or a quick dinner.
Yields: 8 servings
For the dressing
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 2 Tbls. minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey
- ¼ cup Lemon juice or juice from 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste (I started with ¼ teaspoon salt)
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves
For the salad
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 head of Kale, pulsed in processor
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 2 tsp. thyme
- 3 green onions
- Puree the dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. When finished cooking, chill in the fridge. The texture of the salad is better when the quinoa is cool and crumbles a little more easily (instead of hot and sticky).
- Pulse the Kale in a processor (or thinly slice and shred) and place in a large bowl.
- Cut the carrots into a few big chunks and mince them in the food processor with 3-5 pulses and add to bowl with Kale.
- Pulse the basil, parsley, thyme and green onions until fine and add to bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, and quinoa and toss with the dressing.