Garlic-Basil-Shrimp-with-Zucchini-Noodles – 21 Day Fix Approved
Zucchini noodles, sometimes called “zoodles”, can be made with a vegetable peeler, a mandolin, or a Spiralizer. Their pasta-like texture is a perfect base for all sorts of sauces and toppings. Try these delicious garlic shrimp with fresh basil on a bed of zucchini noodles tonight. We’re getting hungry just thinking about this recipe. (Courtesy of Beachbody)
Yields: 4 servings
Portion Fix Containers:1 Green, ½ Red, ½ Blue,½ tsp.
- 5 medium zucchini spiralized (approx. 5 cups) (you could make whole wheat or gluten free noodles as well)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz raw medium shrimp peeled, deveined
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- ¼ cup prepared pesto
- 4 fresh Italian parsley sprigs finely chopped
- 5 fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 4 Tbsp sliced raw almonds
- Boil water in steamer or large saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Place zucchini in steamer basket; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque and firm.
- Add pesto; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Add parsley and basil; toss gently until blended.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Divide zucchini between four serving plates; top evenly with shrimp mixture.
- Garnish each serving with 1 Tbsp. almonds.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 92 mg
Sodium: 485 mg
Carbohydrates: 13 g