Garlic Honey Glazed Salmon
An instant classic that can me made in 30 minutes and taste delicious enough for a busy weekday or to serve to company.
YIELDS: 4 servings
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
4 6-oz. salmon fillets, patted dry with a paper towel
1/3 c. honey
1/4 c. soy sauce
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper
1 Tbls. minced garlic
1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey, soy sauce, lemon juice and red pepper flakes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat two tablespoons oil. When oil is hot but not smoking, add salmon skin-side up and season with salt and pepper. Cook salmon until deeply golden, about 6 minutes, then flip over and add the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the honey mixture and sliced lemons and cook until sauce is reduced by about 1/3. Baste salmon with the sauce.
- Garnish with sliced lemon and serve over cauliflower rice, quinoa, zucchini noodles or pasta of choice.