Garlic Lemon Butter Chicken
This savory Lemon Butter Chicken is full of flavor. The lemon cream sauce mixed with fresh garlic and Parmesan cheese pairs perfectly with the tender and juicy chicken. So savory…this dish will leave you coming back for more! Serve with Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes” or Whole Grain rice to help soak up all the amazing sauce.
(adapted from EazyPeazyMeals)
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut in half
- 1/2 Tablespoon paprika
- 3 Tablespoons butter divided
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon (1/4 cup)
- 1 Tbls. dry white wine (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 tsp salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the chicken and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and set chicken aside on separate plate.
- While the chicken is resting, return melt remaining tablespoon of butter in the skillet. Add garlic and cook stirring frequently about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, splash of dry white wine, lemon juice and thyme.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat and let the sauce reduce and thicken.
- Continue to cook the sauce about 5-7 minutes so the sauce becomes thicker.
- Add the Plain Greek Yogurt & Parmesan cheese, turn temperature down and cook for a minute or two.
- Add in the spinach and simmer until the spinach has wilted and the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Once your sauce is to the desired thickness, return the chicken to the skillet.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes until internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the dish and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.