Garlic Rosemary Chicken
Delicious rosemary and white wine give this chicken dinner all the flavor it needs. Meanwhile, the garlic, mushroom, and spinach sauce add a little extra something without tons of extra calories.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 (6 to 8 ounce) boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, chardonnay works great!
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbls cornstarch mixed with 3 Tbls water to make a slurry
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Once hot, add the mushrooms and garlic. Cook until the mushrooms are lightly browned (about 6 to 8 minutes) and remove from pan.
- In the same pan the mushrooms were cooked in, add the remaining olive oil. Once hot, add the chicken breast and season with salt, pepper, and rosemary. Cook, about 6 to 8 minutes, on each side. Each side should be golden brown and then chicken cooked through. Remove the chicken and set aside to keep warm.
- Return the mushrooms to the skillet. ON medium heat, add the wine and chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes or until the broth as reduced. Add cornstarch slurry and spinach and cook until wilted.
- Place the chicken on serving plates and pour the spinach and mushroom sauce over top. Serve and enjoy