Garlic Lemon Butter Steak with Zoodles
Delicious juicy marinated steak and zucchini noodles cook up together in just one pan for a quick low carb meal you’ll be crazy about. The marinade helps to tenderize and infuse the steak with savory flavor and links up the cooking juices into a sauce worth sipping by the spoon!
- 1 1/2 lb flank steak, sliced against the grain (if steak is slightly frozen it is easier to slice)
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
Steak marinade ingredients
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (or any hot chili sauce you like)
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag. Add the steak strips into the marinade, seal and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour.
- In the meantime, wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Using a spiralizer, make the zucchini noodles, then set aside.
- Bring the steak to room temperature and heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat — reserve the juices of the marinade for later. Add the steak strips in one layer and season with salt and pepper. Cook for one minute without stirring.
- Add minced garlic, then stir the steak for another minute or two to cook the other side. Remove the steak from the skillet and set aside to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add butter, lemon juice and zest, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and remaining marinade juices. Bring to a simmer and allow to reduce for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.\
- Stir in the fresh parsley, then add the zucchini noodles and toss for two to three minutes to cook it up. Allow the cooking juices to reduce for one minute if the zucchini renders too much water. Add the steak strips back to the pan and stir for another minute.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!