Freezer to Slow Cooker Ginger Beef
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 pounds beef roast (either leave bone-in or cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 3 carrots, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 c. green onions
- 1 c. chopped red bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-4 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- 1 – 1 1/2 c. beef stock
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1/2-1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- chopped kale
- 1 c. sugar snap peas
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Add all the ingredients to the freezer bag.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 8 hours, or until meat shreds easily.
- Place Sugar Snap Peas in a separate Freezer bag. Add all the remaining ingredients to another freezer bag , seal , and place inside the snap pea freezer bag.
- Add the snap peas into the slow cooker for the last thirty minutes of cooking until al dente.
- Serve over brown rice