Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Swap in coconut oil for butter in a classic chocolate chip cookie and what do you get? A tender cookie with a lovely light color and melt in your mouth chocolaty chips.
Yields: 16 servings (1 cookie each) Prep Time: 15 min. Cooking Time: 12 min.
Container Counts: 1 yellow, ½ tsp
80 Day Obsession Refeed Day Approved
- ¼ cup extra-virgin coconut oil, solid
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, 70% cacao (or more)
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine oil and sugar in a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer; beat until well mixed.
- Add egg yolk and extract; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add oil mixture to flour mixture; mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into Tbsp.-sized balls and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
• Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the freezer for 3 months