Golden Cauliflower and Turmeric Soup
Cozy, bright, and healing with power-foods like turmeric, cauliflower, and cashews. Topped with crispy chickpeas. Super creamy and SO GOOD. With ingredients like this it has the power to reduce inflammation, boost antioxidants, make your skin happy, make your tummy happy and be very healing for your entire system. Courtesy of Pinch of Yum
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- half an onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into about 5 cups of chunks or florets
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon turmeric – see notes
- 7-8 cups water or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 Tbls. lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a deep soup pot. Add the onion, garlic, cauliflower, cashews, and turmeric. Sauté for 10 minutes or until very fragrant.
- Add the water or broth and salt. Simmer until vegetables are softened.
- Use and immersion blender to blend the soup into a creamy consistency. If you do not have an immersion blender you can put the soup in batches into a food processor or blender.
- Add any additional water or broth if you need to thin it out. Season with more salt and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Top with crispy baked chickpeas. Recipe below.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Drain and rinse (2)- 14-ounce cans chickpeas.
- Spread them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle chickpeas with a dusting of cumin, smoked paprika, turmeric, salt, and/or any other spice combo you want. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Stir right on the pan, then roast for 30-40 minutes or until semi-crispy.
Turmeric: Turmeric has a strong flavor, so if you’ve never tried it before and you’re not sure you will like it, I would suggest using 1-2 teaspoons to start. If you’re a confident turmeric user, go for the full 1 tablespoon!