Grilled Shrimp Summer Chopped Salad
This Grilled Shrimp Summer Salad will wow your family or dinner party guests. SUPER healthy meets OMG yummy! With grilled romaine, lime, tomato, cucumber, avocado, corn, shrimp, and cilantro dressing.
Yields: 4-6 servings
Ingredients for the grill:
- 3 ears fresh sweet corn, husked
- 4 hearts Romaine lettuce
- 1 lb. jumbo tail on shrimp (use more for a higher shrimp-to-veg ratio)
- olive oil and salt
other salad stuff:
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 2 cups chopped yellow bell pepper
for the cilantro dressing:
- half an avocado
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup water (more as needed to adjust consistency)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a squeeze of lime juice
- Make the dressing by tossing all the dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Chop the tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers. Set aside about 1/3 cup dressing to brush on the shrimp while grilling.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat. Brush the corn with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Wrap in foil. Wash and dry the romaine, cut in half lengthwise keeping the stem intact, and brush with olive oil and salt. Thread the shrimp onto skewers for easy grilling. Brush with olive oil and salt.
- Grill times: corn (wrapped in foil) for 20-25 minutes, turning every 5 minutes // lettuce (directly on the grill) for about 5 minutes // shrimp (directly on the grill) for about 5 minutes. Brush the reserved dressing onto the shrimp as it grills for extra yummy flavor.
- To assemble the salad, cut the stem off the romaine and roughly chop it up and place it in a large bowl. Stand the corn up vertically and slice downward to cut the corn off the cob and add to the bowl. Add the shrimp, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers and toss everything together with the avocado dressing.