Grilled Bruschetta Chicken
Juicy tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, red onion, garlic and balsamic can
turn plain grilled chicken into a delicious weeknight meal in minutes!
Make the Bruschetta the night before or early in the morning and let all
the flavors marinate, then when you are ready to eat grill some chicken
and you have yourself a quick weeknight meal.
Yields: 4 Servings
- 3 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 Tbls. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 3 oz part skim mozzarella, diced
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Combine onion, olive oil, balsamic, 1/4 tsp kosher salt and pepper. Set aside a few minutes.
- Chop tomatoes and place in a large bowl. Combine with garlic, basil, onion-balsamic combo and additional 1/8 tsp salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and let it sit at least 10 minutes or as long as overnight. Toss in the cheese when ready to serve.
- Season chicken with salt and fresh pepper and rub with olive oil. Preheat the grill to medium-high, clean and oil the grates to prevent sticking. Grill the chicken 5 minutes on each side (or until no longer pink) set aside on a platter and top with bruschetta and serve.
- Serve with sauteed broccoli