Grilled Pork Chops with Peach and Jalapeño Salsa – 21 Day Fix Approved
Pork chops taste delicious with all sorts of fruits. This flavorful peach and jalapeño salsa makes a superb summertime topping. It’s quick and easy to make, and is ready in minutes. All you have to do is grill the meat! Choose peaches that are just beginning to ripen so they retain their shape when chopped. If they’re too soft, your salsa might look more like puree, but it will still taste great! Try the salsa on chicken tacos, with grilled fish, or as a dip.
Yields: 4 Servings (1 pork chop each)
Portion Fix Containers ½ Purple 1 Red (Courtesy of Beachbody)
- 2 medium ripe peaches peeled, chopped (can be frozen and thawed)
- ¼ medium red onion choppped
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper seeds and veins removed, chopped
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp. hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco)
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 raw center-cut pork chops lean, boneless (Chicken can be subbed)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Combine peaches, onion, jalapeño, red pepper flakes, lime juice, hot pepper sauce, and cilantro; mix well. Set aside.
- Preheat grill or broiler on high.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Grill or broil chops for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
- Top pork chops evenly with salsa; serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 67 mg
Sodium: 242 mg
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 7 g
Protein: 25 g