Grilled Summer Vegetables with Shallot Vinaigrette
Enjoy the summer’s vegetable bounty with this easy grilled vegetable recipe. Pile any leftovers on crusty baguette with melted fontina or mozzarella for lunch the next day.
- 8 small firm ripe tomatoes or 4 medium
- 4 whole baby eggplant or 1 medium cut into 2-inch chunks
- 8 baby summer squash (zucchini) or 2 medium halved
- 16 mini sweet peppers, mixed colors
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs, such as oregano and basil
1. Preheat grill to medium-high.
2. Toss tomatoes, eggplant, squash, peppers and scallions with 3 tablespoons oil, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper in a large bowl.
3. Oil the grill rack. Grill the vegetables, turning occasionally, until tender and slightly charred, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter.
4.Whisk vinegar, shallot and herbs with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and ¼ teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Drizzle over the grilled vegetables.