Ground Beef Taco Skillet – 21 Day Fix Approved
This ground beef taco skillet is a one skillet meal and so easy! It is a new family favorite at our house and my husband keeps asking when I will be making it again!
Container Counts: 1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Blue
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 yellow and/or 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, quartered and sliced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 can of diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes, drained
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- Fresh cilantro, chopped, to taste
- 1 can diced green chilies (mild)
- In a 12″ skillet, break up and brown ground beef, drain excess fat once beef is browned.
- Add in veggies and seasonings and cook until onions are translucent.
- Top evenly with cheese and cilantro
- Top with hot sauce
Serve over brown rice, cauliflower rice, Zucchini noodles, whole wheat pasta, in whole wheat tortilla or lettuce wrap or stuffed in a baked sweet or white potato (add 1 yellow for 21 Day Fix)