Ground Turkey Italian Skillet with Zucchini and Pesto
This 30 Minute Ground Turkey Zucchini Skillet with Pesto is a delicious low carb one-pot dinner recipe that will become your family’s favorite! Minimum ingredients and effort with maximum flavor.
- 2 lbs ground turkey (can sub ground chicken or beef)
- 2.5–3 lbs zucchini, cut into thin slices
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1-pint grape tomatoes, cut in halves
- 3/4 cup pesto
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Optional: Cooked quinoa, rice or pasta
- Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on medium heat and swirl oil to coat. Add garlic and onion and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add ground turkey and cook for 5-7 minutes, constantly breaking into pieces and stirring.
- Add zucchini, stir and cook for another 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat, add tomatoes and pesto, then stir. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve on its own or over greens for a low carb meal. Stir in optional quinoa or brown rice for a complete complex carbs meal.