Let’s just call these our Summertime keep-outa-the-drive-thru-cuz-we-have-goals boxes.
But seriously…keep some easy to grab snacks ready throughout the week, and both you and the kids will eat better!
These are adapted from CleanFoodCrush
- 6 small whole wheat, or gluten free crackers
- 6 thin slices nitrate free turkey or chicken, rolled
- 1 oz. cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots and celery sticks (you can sub sugar snap peas, sliced colored peppers, zucchini, asparagus…)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- a pinch of dried parsley
- a pinch of garlic powder
- a pinch of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 1/4 dried dill
- 1/8 tsp fresh lemon juice
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste
- In a small bowl whisk all ranch dressing ingredients, then place it into a 1 oz. lidded container.
- Arrange all the ingredients in an air tight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- You may want to wrap the crackers in plastic wrap, or wax paper if you’re keeping these refrigerated for several days, to keep crackers from the moisture.