Hawaiian Fried Rice
Fried rice that is loaded with sweet pineapple, ham and veggies that is so much better than take out! You can use any type of rice or cauliflower rice.
Yields: 8 servings
- 2 cups chopped ham chopped
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups diced carrot
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Seed Oil or Coconut Oil
- 3 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 cups rice cooked – white or brown (or 3 cups cauliflower rice)
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce more or less to taste
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onions optional
Preheat a large skillet to medium heat. Pour 1 Tbsp. oil in the bottom of the skillet. Add chopped ham, white onion, garlic, carrot, and red bell pepper and fry until tender.
Slide the ham onion, and red bell pepper to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, mix the eggs with the vegetable mix.
Add the cooked rice (or cauliflower rice) and pineapple to the veggie, ham and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce, additional sesame oil, ginger, and peas on top. Stir and fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined.
Add chopped green onions if desired. Enjoy!