Hawaiian Chicken Burgers
How can you not fall in love with a burger that is packed with lean ground chicken, and bursting with pineapple and soy sauce for some sweet and salty flavor?
Yields: 4 burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ½ cup diced pineapple from a can, drained
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons oat flour (grind about 1/4 cup of oats in a blender)
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and form into 4 large burgers. *Note – it will be easier to form the ground chicken in to burgers with wet hands. The mixture will be sticky and not as easy to handle as beef or turkey
- Place the formed burgers on a parchment-lined plate, then place into the freezer for 10-15 minutes
- In the meantime, preheat the grill to high heat
- Generously brush the grates with oil and place the burger on the grates. You may have to wet your hands again, or gently roll them off the parchment paper
- Cook for 4-6 minutes per side
- Serve with grilled pineapple slices and whole grain buns or wrapped in Romaine Lettuce leaves to keep it low carb.