Healthier Fettuccine Alfredo – 21 Day Fix Approved
Creamy Alfredo Sauce made with cauliflower is amazing and a cinch to make. You can even double the batch and keep on in the freezer for a quick meal at another time. You can serve this sauce over regular pasta, veggie spirals, spaghetti squash “pasta” or Gluten Free or Whole Wheat noodles. Add any additional protein like cooked chicken, shrimp or ground turkey.
Yields: 4 servings ( 21 Day Fix Containers: 1½ Green, 2 Yellows, ½ Blue, ½ tsp.)
- 8 oz. dry whole grain fettuccine
- 1 medium cauliflower, chopped (about 1½ pounds)
- 1/2 cup hot cooking water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese or feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 2 T. butter
- 2 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley (for garnish; optional)
- Make fettuccine according to package directions and keep warm.
- Clean the cauliflower head from green leaves, and chop it into bite size pieces.
- Place it in the big sauce pan with water, bring to boil and boil until cauliflower is really soft. Remove from heat and drain reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid.
- Dissolve 1/2 of a chicken bouillon cube in 1/2 cup hot reserved cooking water.
- In a food processor, combine drained cooked cauliflower, 1/2 cup of hot chicken broth, cheese, salt, minced garlic and butter. Process until a creamy sauce forms.
- Add fettuccine; mix well.
- Divide fettuccine evenly between four bowls. Top evenly with cheese and parsley (if desired); serve immediately.