Healthy Chicken Marsala – 21 Day Fix Approved
Marsala is one of my all-time favorite sauces and is so easy to make! This is a restaurant-quality meal you can throw together in no time at all on a busy weeknight. Chicken Marsala is fabulous served with some whole-wheat noodles, quinoa or spiralized zucchini noodles. Serve with roasted asparagus or zucchini This is a perfect example of how tasty, real food does not have to be complicated. (Courtesy of Beachbody)
Container Count: 1/2 Green, 1 Red, 1 tsp.
Yields: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- (4) 4 oz each) 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tsp. sea salt, divided
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tsp. butter or ghee, divided
- 2 cups quartered sliced baby bella or cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 marsala wine
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Sprinkle broth with gelatin. Set aside.
- Sprinkle each chicken cutlet on each side with 1 pinch of salt and pepper. Dredge each side in flour. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp. butter or ghee in a large skillet or medium high heat for 1 -2 minutes or until hot.
- Add chicken, cook for 3 minutes each side or until golden brown. Remove chicken from the pan and place on a plate, cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Add remaining butter, mushrooms, salt, pepper, to skillet, cook, stirring frequently, for 3 – 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add Marsala wine and broth to mixture. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, gently boil for 2 minutes on each side or until liquid had become a thicker glaze.
- Garnish evenly with parsley and serve immediately.