Healthy Indian Chicken and Greens – 21 Day Fix Approved
Aromatic Indian spices give this quick, easy dinner tons of flavor without adding tons of fat. This healthy, 21 Day Fix approved meal is exactly what you need to get out of a dinner rut!
Yields: 6 cups
Portion Fix Container Counts per Serving: 3/4 Red, 1/2 Green, 1/4 Tsp
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 salt
Chicken and Greens
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces (1/2″ – 3/4″)
- 2 boxes frozen chopped spinach, 9 oz each – thawed (if frozen, thaw spinach in a microwave-safe bowl, covered, on defrost in the microwave until soft)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt, 1% or nonfat
- Mix all of the spices together in a small bowl. Then in a larger bowl, mix the spices with the raw chicken and set in the refrigerator until you’re ready for it or up to 24 hours in advance.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a large skillet at medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it starts to brown.
- Stir in the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds or so, don’t let it go very long, it can burn easily.
- Add the chicken with the spices to the pan, making sure to get all of the spices out of the bowl and into the pan, and cook until the chicken is cooked through, stirring often. Add a bit of water to the pan if the chicken starts to stick at any point during the cooking process.
- Push the spinach down in the bowl and drain all the extra liquid. Add the drained spinach and ginger to the pan and heat through for 5 minutes or so. Next, add the yogurt, and mix through on low heat for a few minutes.
- Check the spice levels and if you’d like it spicier, feel free to add more cayenne!
- Serve with brown rice, cauliflower rice or even put it in a pita