Healthy Belly Bowl
This quinoa bowl is something that you will make over an over again because of its nutritional makeup as well as their taste.
This bowl is loaded with ingredients that aid digestion, such as turmeric, kale, greens, and sauerkraut. If
you’re someone who struggles with digestion, it really is a godsend, and now you can make it at home. (Adapted from Beachbody)
Beachbody Container Equivalents (per serving): 1 green, 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 blue, 1 orange, 1 tsp
Tip: Remember to remove the ingredients that you may not need for your meal to make it work with your personal meal plan
Yields: 1 serving
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 1 tsp. tahini paste (you can sub peanut, sunflower or almond butter)
- 1½ tsp. water
- ½ tsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. minced garlic
- 1 pinch coconut sugar
- 1 pinch sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 pinch ground turmeric
- ½ tsp. chopped parsley
Ingredients for the Bowl:
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped kale
- ½ cup cooked sweet potato, cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¼ cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 hard boiled or poached eggs
- ¼ cup sauerkraut, drained or Kimchi
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. raw pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- ¼ medium avocado, sliced
- Combine tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic, sugar, salt, turmeric, and parsley in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add garlic, kale, sweet potato, and quinoa; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until kale is wilted and sweet potatoes are warmed through. Remove from heat.
- Add greens, sauerkraut, and salt; mix well.
- Place kale mixture in a serving bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to blend.
- Top with pumpkin seeds and avocado; enjoy!