Homemade Ranch Mix & Dressing – 21 Day Fix
Yield: 5 servings, about 2 Tbsp. each
Ranch dressing can be loaded with fat and calories. Make your own much healthier version with this simple recipe has the classic flavor you’re looking for. It’s perfect for dipping or drizzling on salads or sandwiches.
Start by combining a variety of herbs and spices to make the Ranch Seasoning Blend. You only need a Tbsp. of the mixture per batch of ranch dressing. Store the rest in an airtight container for the next time you make dressing, or use it as a delicious spice rub for chicken or fish!
Note: Because the calories are so low in this Healthier Ranch Dressing, the serving size of 2 Tbsp. only counts as ½ an orange container in the Portion Fix. The dry Ranch Seasoning Blend is considered a free food.
Ranch Seasoning Blend
- 2 Tbsp. dried parsley, crushed
- 2 tsp. dried onion flakes
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1½ tsp. dried dill
- 1½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor; pulse until well mixed.
Healthier Ranch Dressing
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk (or 1/3 cup milk with 1 tbls. lemon juice and let it sit for 5 min.)
1 Tbsp. Ranch Seasoning Blend
1. Combine yogurt, buttermilk, and Seasoning Blend in a small bowl; mix well.