Freezer to Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken
Yields: 5 servings
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (thighs would be fine too) – about 1 ½ to 2 pounds
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup honey
½ cup soy sauce
½ cup diced onion
¼ cup ketchup
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (could also use olive oil or canola oil)
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional – doesn’t really add heat, just adds more flavor)
4 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 6 Tablespoons water
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Add the ingredients to the Freezer bag up to Red Pepper flakes.
- Remove as much air from the freezer bag as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer.
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 5-6 hours until the chicken is tender.
- Place Cornstarch in a bowl and slowly whisk in 6 T. water until smooth. Stir into the crock pot and let it cook an additional 30 minutes.
Note: Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve over rice or noodles with a side of roasted vegetables