Honey Sriracha Chicken
Sweet and spicy Chinese honey sriracha chicken – better tasting and healthier than take out!
Yields: 4 servings
- 3-4 chicken breasts, diced (sprinkle with salt and pepper)
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2-3 tablespoons sriracha (depending on how spicy you want it)
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons honey (depending on how sweet you want it)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch + 2 tablespoons cold water
- optional: crushed red pepper flakes, cooked rice for serving
- In a small-medium sauce pan, combine the 1 cup of water, sriracha, soy sauce, garlic, sugar, and honey and stir. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Whisk together the 2 tablespoons corn starch and remaining 2 tablespoons of water until dissolved. Add to sauce pan and stir until thickened. Reduce heat to low.
- Add diced and seasoned chicken and ⅓ cup corn starch to a large plastic bag. Seal the bag and shake to coat chicken. Drizzle a large pan or skillet with oil over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté until browned and chicken is cooked through. Add the sauce and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle with crushed pepper flakes if desired and serve over warm Jasmine rice.