Honey Sriracha Glazed Meatballs
This recipe is super easy and you can look forward leftovers for lunch. This meatball recipe makes about 40 (1 1/2-inch) meatballs. Make a big batch of brown rice to serve with the meatballs, but you could easily use quinoa or even cauliflower rice if you prefer. Adding shredded carrots to the side offers a good crunch! Top everything with some green onions and sprinkle on a few sesame seeds and you’ve got a deliciously FILLING and healthy meal all ready to go!
Yields: 8 servings
- 2 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1 cup whole wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 ⁄ 4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 ⁄ 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 ⁄ 2 tsp. salt
- 1 ⁄ 2 tsp.black pepper
- 1 ⁄ 4 cup Sriracha
- 3 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. minced ginger
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 ⁄ 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together turkey, breadcrumbs, eggs, green onions, garlic powder and salt/pepper until well combined.
- Shape mixture into 1½-inch balls (you’ll make roughly 40 balls) and place spaced apart on prepared baking sheets lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake meatballs for 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking, combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking continuously.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes (the sauce will start to thicken) then toss with the meatballs.
- Serve immediately over brown rice and top with green onions and a few sesame seeds.