Hummingbird Cake Oats – 21 Day Fix Approved
These 21 Day Fix overnight oats have all of the delicious flavors of a Hummingbird Cake (but none of the guilt)! No cooking. No fixing. Just wake up, grab some coffee and your yummy cup of oats. You can warm this in the microwave for 30-45 seconds if you prefer a hot breakfast. *Note: You can add 3/4 cup of Plain Greek yogurt on top to add 1 red container
Portion Fix Containers: 1 YELLOW, 1 PURPLE, 1/2 BLUE (add 1 red container if topping with Greek Yogurt)
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 banana – the riper, the better
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp honey, coconut, or raw sugar (optional)
- 1 cup fresh (or canned in real juice) pineapple, chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats (be sure to use oats that are labeled gluten-free if you’re GF!)
- 20 pecan halves, chopped or broken into pieces (you can sub almonds or cashews)
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana with the back of a fork (if your banana is too tough, microwave it for 15 seconds. Stir in the almond milk, vanilla, and cinnamon. Give it a taste, if you want it a little sweeter, add a little of the raw sugar. Most times I feel like the banana gives it enough sweetness, but that’s up to you. Stir in the oats and the pineapple.
- Pour the mixture into 4 separate bowls, containers, or wide mouth mason jars and refrigerate overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve, top with your pecans and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Warm in the microwave for 30 seconds if warm oats are desired.
*Note: You can add 3/4 cup of Plain Greek yogurt on top to add 1 red container