This 21 Day Fix Instant Pot Asian Chicken is a family favorite; it’s a fast, easy, and delicious dinner that’s FIX approved, gluten-free & dairy-free
Portion Containers: 1 red (not including sides and veggies)
- 2 lbs of boneless chicken thighs (1lb for 4 servings)
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste (you can sub clean ingredient Ketchup in a pinch)
- 2 tsp coconut oil or sesame seed oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- a dash of crushed red pepper
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot.
- In a small bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together, except cornstarch.
- Pour over honey mixture over chicken and place the top on the pressure cooker. **If you are using an 8 quart pot instead of 6 quart, add 2/3 cup of chicken broth.
- Turn to high pressure and set for 15 minutes. It should take about 15 minutes to come to pressure.
- After the timer is up, switch to quick release.
- To thicken sauce, remove chicken and set to saute. In a small bowl whisk two teaspoons of cornstarch with a splash of water to make a slurry and pour slowly into the hot sauce, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken back in the sauce and keep warm until you are ready to eat.
- Serve chicken and sauce over rice or quinoa and your choice of veggie.