Instant Pot Banana Bread Oatmeal
This Instant Pot Banana Bread Oatmeal has got all of the flavor of a luscious slice of banana bread, without the oily fat (or the extra smear of butter on top). Cinnamon, nutmeg, and three whole bananas give it an authentic “baked-in” taste.
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk, divided
- 1 cup dry steel-cut oats
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 6 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- Lightly coat inside of 6-quart Instant Pot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add 2 cups water, 1 cup almond milk, oats, bananas, flaxseed, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
- Lock the lid. Set to Manual on high and adjust the time to cook for 12 minutes.
- Allow the Instant Pot to natural release, and wait until cycle is complete. Carefully unlock and remove lid.
- Pour remaining 2 cups of almond milk over top and stir until creamy. Serve with maple syrup and nuts if desired.