Instant Pot or Slow CookerBarbeque Chicken
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken! Sweet, fall-apart tender. Perfect for sandwiches, salads and BBQ plates.
- 1 cup of chicken broth or water
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce (low sugar)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Label your freezer bag with the name of the meal and cooking instructions.
- Place all the ingredients in a Gallon Freezer Ziploc bag.
- Remove as much air as possible, seal and lay flat in the Freezer or Refrigerator.
Directions for Instant Pot:
- Place the ingredients in the instant pot in this order: chicken stock (or water), chicken, onion powder, garlic, paprika, salt, BBQ sauce, grated onion, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Do NOT stir. You want the water to stay on the bottom of the pot so the instant pot comes to pressure.
- Place the lid on the instant pot making sure the valve is in the sealing position. Press manual (high pressure) and set to 15 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Add more BBQ sauce if desired. If the sauce still seems too thin for your liking, simply turn on the “Saute” button and saute the chicken with the sauce for 2 – 3 minutes to allow some of the liquid to escape.
- Shred and enjoy.
Directions for Slow Cooker:
- The night before cooking, move frozen bag to your refrigerator to thaw
- The morning of cooking, pour contents into a slow cooker.
- Cook on “low” setting for 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken using two forks and mix with remaining liquid in the slow cooker.