Instant Pot Breakfast Quinoa
Quinoa is a warm breakfast that is perfect topped with a drizzle of maple syrup and sliced almonds or nut of choice. My kids love mini chocolate chips 😉 With this recipe you will have plenty on hand to eat for breakfast throughout the week. It reheats well in the microwave and still keeps its light and fluffy texture. It will leave you feeling full all morning long. It’s a perfect, healthy way to start the day.
Yields: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa, well rinsed
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Optional Toppings: milk, fresh berries, sliced almonds, mini chocolate chips
- Add quinoa, water, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt to the pressure cooking pot.
- Select high pressure and 1 minute cook time. When beep sounds turn pressure cooker off, wait 10 minutes, and then use a Quick Pressure Release to release any remaining pressure.
- When valve drops carefully remove lid, tilting away from you to allow steam to disperse.
- Fluff the quinoa and serve hot with milk, berries, and sliced almonds.