Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
So easy. Because the rice cooks with the chicken in the fabulous soup the starch from the rice helps make this bowl of YUM little thicker than your traditional chicken noodle soup.
Yields about 8 cups
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 large carrot cut into coins (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large stalk celery, diced (about 2 cups)
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 7 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup brown or white rice, uncooked
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Set the Instant Pot to Saute mode.
- Heat the olive oil, then add the onion, carrot and celery. Saute the vegetables, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme and rosemary. Cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the chicken broth and stir to combine.
Add the chicken breasts, brown rice, salt and pepper and lemon juice to the Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot, close the steam vent and set to HIGH pressure using the manual setting. Set the time to 13 minutes. It will take the Instant Pot about 15 minutes to reach pressure.
Once the time is expired, use natural release for 10 minutes, then quick release.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a cutting board, shred with 2 forks, then transfer back to the Instant Pot. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve