Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
This is likely to become your new go-to chicken noodle soup! So easy to make yet the end result tastes amazing! It’s a homestyle chicken noodle soup everyone will love, and you’ll love how the Instant Pot does almost all of the work.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and diced carrots (3 medium)
- 1 1/2 cup diced celery (2 large stalks)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (1 small)
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tsp minced fresh thyme
- 2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp. Salt and 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups wide egg noodles
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Select the “saute” setting on the Instant Pot and let heat until the label reads “hot.”
- Drizzle in olive oil then add in carrots, celery and onion saute 2 minutes until onions are slightly brown. Add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
- Add in chicken breasts to the vegetables and saute until chicken browns slightly, about 4 minutes.
- Add in broth, thyme, rosemary, oregano and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Press “cancel” on Instant Pot to turn off saute mode.
- Cover and close lid and make sure the vent on the lid is set to “sealing” position.
- Select “manual” (or high pressure on other pressure cookers) and set to 10 minutes.
- Once time is up let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes then carefully use the quick release method to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken and transfer to a cutting board to shred with a fork.
- Press “cancel” on the Instant pot then press “saute.”
- Add noodles and let cook, uncovered, until noodles are tender, about 5 – 6 minutes.
- Once noodles are done, stir in lemon juice, parsley and chicken, serve warm.