Instant Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Chicken Taco Chili, made with chicken, beans, corn and tomatoes seasoned with taco seasoning is one of my favorite recipes. This recipe couldn’t be easier, made with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
Yields: 11 cups
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15.5-oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes w/chilies (Rotel)
- 4 ounce can chopped green chili peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
For the taco seasoning:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Press saute and olive oil, onion, garlic and chicken and stir, cooking until chicken is brown on both sides and onions are soft and golden, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Press cancel to prevent getting a burn notice, then deglaze the pot with 1 cup Chicken Broth scrapping to get up the brown bits from the bottom.
- Add the beans, tomato sauce, corn, diced tomatoes with chilies and green chilies, stir.
- Add 1/2 cup remaining chicken broth plus taco seasonings and gently stir.
- Cover and cook high pressure 25 minutes with the vent turned to “sealing”. Natural release, allowing the timer to count down to bring down the pressure naturally until you can remove the cover.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. Return the chicken to the pot and mix to combine.
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve.