Instant Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage
A fast track corned beef dinner made in your pressure cooker! No brine, no fuss. The Instant Pot will do all the work for you! (Courtesy of Damn Delicious)
Yields: 6 servings
- 1 (3-pound) corned beef brisket, plus pickling spice packet or 1 1/2 tablespoons pickling spice
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 (14.9 ounce) Guinness beer (or another dark beer)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pound new potatoes
- 3 large carrots, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 head Savoy cabbage, cut into 2-inch wedges
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt and 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Rinse brisket with cold water and thoroughly pat dry.
- Place onion, garlic and pickling spice into a 6-qt Instant Pot. Gently place the brisket on top of the onion mixture. Top with beer and beef broth.
- Select manual setting; adjust the pressure to high, and set time for 85 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Remove brisket from the Instant Pot; keep warm. Remove and discard the onion mixture, reserving 1 1/2 cups cooking liquid in the Instant Pot.
- Stir in potatoes and carrots; top with cabbage. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Select manual setting; adjust the pressure to high, and set time for 4 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Thinly slice corned beef against the grain and serve with potatoes, carrots, and cabbage, garnished with mustard and parsley, if desired.