Instant Pot Egg and Hash Brown Casserole
If you like a delicious egg casserole that is made while you sleep and ready when you wake up then this recipe is for you!
- 1 bag frozen Simply Potatoes Hash Browns, thawed
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped ham, crumbled turkey sausage (cooked) or bacon pieces
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional add-ins: diced bell peppers, tomatoes, asparagus or zucchini, torn spinach, artichokes, olives,
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used skim- but any kind will work)
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Spray the insert of an Instant pot with nonstick cooking spray
- Put the eggs, cheese, milk and salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Pour oil into the bottom of the Instant Pot and set to “Saute”. When the oil is hot add the potatoes, ham (or meat of choice), onions, garlic and add-in’s of choice and saute until onions are golden.
- Turn the Instant Pot to Cancel and pour the egg mixture over the veggies. and salt and pepper.
- Close your lid and push “Slow Cook for 8 hours with the vent closed.
- When the timer is done while you sleep it will automatically turn to “keep warm” to stop the cooking process.
- Wake up and serve with your favorite toppings. Some of mine are: salsa, hot sauce, Kimchi, avocado, tomatoes, and salt and pepper!