Instant Pot Healthy Bacon and Beer Cheese Cauliflower Soup – 21 Day Fix Approved
This healthy Instant Pot Bacon and Beer Cheese Cauliflower Soup is a bowl full of cozy and so perfect for meal prepping!
Yields: 6 servings
Portion Fix Container per Serving: 2 Green, 1/2 Red, 1/2 Blue, 1/2 tsp
- 1 bag (about 1 cup) cooked and crumbled turkey bacon
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 cups sliced onions (about 1 large onion)
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup of your favorite beer – a lager is a great choice for this!
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped carrots (about 2 medium)
- 9 cups chopped cauliflower (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tsp spicy ground mustard (or any mustard you have on hand, but this is my fave)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled turkey bacon or bacon of choice
- Franks Red Hot
- chopped green onions
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Spray the lining of your instant pot with olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray. Add the butter and onions and cook for several minutes or until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute. De-glaze with the beer, making sure you get up any browned bits in the bottom of the pot.
- Then add the broth, salt, carrots & cauliflower. Turn off the saute function, close the lid and set to manual for 4 minutes. When it’s finished cooking, you can immediately release the pressure.
- Remove the lid and blend the soup with an emulsion blender or in a food processor until smooth and creamy
- Stir in the mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and shredded cheese until cheese is melted.
- Top with bacon, Franks Red Hot, and green onions, and enjoy!