Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
This Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken is simple and easy to make in the instant and perfect for busy weeknights. The chicken cooks up tender and juicy in a buttery lemon garlic sauce using pantry staples. Serve over zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice, whole grain rice or pasta and a side of roasted veggies.
Yields: 4-6 servings
- 1 1 /2 – 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- ½ small onion, chopped
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1½ tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Juice and zest of one lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices for garnish, if desired
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Press the Sauté function on the Instant Pot and add the olive oil to the pot.
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot and allow to sear on each side for 2 minutes, or until golden brown. This helps to seal in the juices and keep it tender. (You may have to work in batches depending on the size and amount of chicken you are using). Once browned, remove from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Melt butter in Instant Pot and stir in the onions and garlic. Add lemon juice to deglaze pan. Cook for 1 minute then add Italian seasoning, lemon zest, and chicken broth.
- Place the chicken back into the Instant Pot, lock the lid, and turn the valve to SEAL.
- Select the Manual button and adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
- It will take about 5-10 minutes to come to pressure and start counting down.
- When done, allow to naturally release for 5 minutes and then push the valve to QUICK RELEASE, and remove your Instant Pot lid.
- If you want to thicken the sauce – make a cornstarch slurry using 1 teaspoon of cornstarch whisked with 2 teaspoons cold water and stir in the Instant Pot. Press SAUTE and allow to bubble and thicken up.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve hot with your favorite sides. Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with lemon slices, if desired.