Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
Instant Pot Mongolian Beef is a very easy and delicious meal you can make in just 30 minutes. Sweet, juicy and with tons of garlic and fresh ginger! Made healthier with less sugar and not deep-fried!
- 2 pound flank steak , sliced across the grain
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoons sesame seed oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger , minced
- 1/2 cup lite soy sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup green onions , chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Add sliced beef to a large ziplock bag, add 2 tablespoon cornstarch and shake well to coat the beef evenly.
- Heat up your instant pot: press Sauté and click on the Adjust button and select More to get a Sauté to medium-high heat. Wait for the Instant Pot indicator to read HOT.
- Add the oil to the hot Instant Pot, once the oil is hot, add the beef and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot: minced garlic, minced ginger, lite soy sauce, brown sugar, broth and red pepper flakes.
- Stir well until all the ingredients are combined and coated in sauce.
- Close lid and pressure cook at High Pressure for 8 minutes + 10 minutes then quick release by opening the vent to allow the steam to vent out.
- Turn off the heat. Release the remaining pressure. Open the lid.
- Make the cornstarch slurry, in a small bowl mix cornstarch with water until fully combined. With the Instant Pot on the Sauté function, add the slurry to the pot, stir to combine and cook for 2-3 minutes on Sauté, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and let the Mongolian Beef sit for 8-10 minutes before serving, in this time the sauce will settle and thicken more.
- Serve over rice and garnish with fresh chopped green onions and sesame seeds.