Instant Pot or Slow Cooker Mango Chicken Curry
This mango curry is so fresh you’d be shocked to know it came from a slow cooker or Instant pot! Anything with cauliflower, sweet potatoes and mangoes is my love language. Don’t let the list of ingredients intimidate you. If you purchase pre-chopped cauliflower, onion and sweet potatoes this recipe is very hands off while your appliance does all the work.
Yields: 6 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 tsp. mince garlic
- 2 tsp ground or minced ginger
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 lbs chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- ½ head cauliflower about 4 cups, large dice
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, large dice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 (400 ml) can of coconut milk
- 2 cups frozen mango pieces
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
Instant Pot Method:
- Turn the Instant Pot on Saute function.
- Add olive oil, onion, garlic, ginger, tomato paste, salt, curry powder, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, paprika and saute for 3 minutes until spice are fragrant and onions have softened.
- Add chicken thighs, sweet potato and cauliflower and stir to coat with the spices.
- Add chicken stock and coconut milk and stir to combine.
- Turn off Saute function, cover with lid and lock for pressure cooking.
- Set at Manual High Pressure for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, use the quick release method.
- Stir in the frozen mango, baby spinach and lime juice.
- Let the curry sit for 10 minutes before serving on top of jasmine rice and top with cilantro.
Slow Cooker Method:
- Add all of the ingredients except mango, spinach, lime and cilantro to the slow cooker.
- Set for 4 hours on High or 6 hours on low.
- Add the mango, spinach and lime juice once the slow cooker time is complete and let sit for 10 minutes before serving and top with cilantro.